Nowadays, we know that optimizing for RankBrain is the third most important ranking signal. However, RankBrain itself is not a typical ranking signal when compared to content or backlinks.
- How does RankBrain work?
- How can RankBrain update the algorithm?
- RankBrain understands keywords
- Keyword research tactics for RankBrain
CONTENT SOURCE: Mangools Blog
How does RankBrain work?
The machine learning algorithm works something like this:
- It’s not based on the hand-coded algorithm used in the past by Google developers and testers.
- By tracking user’s engagement from searches and learning from it, RankBrain adjusts the algorithm.
- If the updated algorithm leads to results with higher engagement, it’s implemented for future search queries.